Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Paper II: Blogging the Question

May 2002, b
-A story has to be told by somebodyCompare in detail your impressions of the "story tellers" in two or three novels or short stories you have studied. Was the "story teller" the same as the writer (implicitly or explicitly) or not?How does this question influence your reading?
Every story needs a narrator ( or even a few) because something needs to move the plot along. What were the effects of a few different styles of narration, and what was the effect on the reader? Did any of the narrator(s) resemble the author in any way (including ideas...) or not?
In this, I will be addressing a combination of narrative situation and style. (Ya know... Who tells it? why does the author do this this way? blah blah blah) To do this, I'll use Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye, as well as Faulkner's As I Lay Dying.

May 2006, a
Work is a defining element for people. Refferring closely to two or three works in the light of this statement, show how writers in your study have made the world of work significant in their writings.
Ya can tell a lot about a person based on his/her job and what type of labour it consists of. With the help of a couple works, prove it.
THIS WILL INVOLVE THE LOOKING AT OF HOW CHARACTERIZATION METHODS ARE EMPLOYED!
In order to prove this, I'd use William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying and Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis.

2 comments:

Will said...

I didn't immediately think of "As I Lay Dying" as an option to answer question two in your post. I suppose Anse would be quite easy to write about!

Alesiah said...

I did the first one you did, too. It's funny how our interpretations of the question were very similar because I thought that everyone's would be different, but it was good to see that someone interpreted it the same way I did. I automatically thought of The Bluest Eye and As I Lay Dying as the works I would use because they have more than one narrator. Good job!